A Buyer Plant Sourcing is needed to join INVACARE, global leader in the home and long-term
Route de St Roch
Job purposeIn the frame of projects development and implementation, he / she will support the R&D projects for new products or current products improvements:
- The Local Purchaser / Buyer or Purchasing Supervisor will work alongside local operations and the European Purchasing team throughout the supply chain aiming at costs optimization with a Total Cost of ownership approach (material, added value, payment term, consignment stock, logistics and quality).
- Implement and support locally the European commodity strategies.
- Report business and improvements progress status to both local Management and the European team.
- Share best practice and information with both Regional Coordinator and the European purchasing team.
Main Role & Responsibilities
- Lead the purchasing activities within the project team :
- Provide pro-actively inputs to R&D and the entire project team.
- Align with commodity strategies and roll-out those strategies for the project through RFQs.
- Negotiate and provide with strategic recommendation for the projects based on the Total Cost of Ownership.
- Contract with suppliers whenever applicable.
- Ensure the maintenance of the ERP data to apply negotiation results at both local and regional level.
- Identify pro-actively, lead and implement cost optimization ideas (while always aiming at the best Quality, Cost, Delivery achievement).
- Roll-out best practices in Purchasing.
- Advising on local contract terms and conditions for new and existing contracts.
- Travels to plan in order to visit current and potential new suppliers
- Support the logistics & supplier quality to treat non-conformities
- Experienced in purchasing/procurement (min. 5 years)
- Hold Master degree
- Proven record for driving change in purchasing.
- Negotiation skills.
- Team player.
- Excellent communication skills,
- Fluent English - additional European languages a plus.
- IT literate.
- Financial acumen - aware of the impact of decisions on business performance & profitability.
- Awareness of legislation & regulatory requirements at France level and knowledge of other European legislation and regulatory requirements are a plus
- Enjoys working in a multi-cultural/multi-national environment and matrix organization.
Gross annual salaryAccording to candidate experience
LocationInvacare France Opérations
Route de St Roch